So this week I’m off to the Microsoft Partners in Learning Global Forum in Prague. I was honoured to be invited, following the European Forum I attended in Lisbon earlier this year, to present the work I have been doing with Kodu Game Lab. Regular readers will know about some of the ways I have been using Kodu, but in summary, my project consists of the following aspects:
- Scheme of work embedded into ICT
- Kodu & Literacy Project
- Kodu Olympics
- Activities Days (both in my school and other schools)
- Extra-curricular activities after school
- Working with other schools
- Staff training and development
- Training videos on YouTube
- Life on Mars (scheme of work for teaching Functional Skills in ICT)
- Kodu X-Curriculur Project (current work in progress)
- Recent work: The Kodu Kup
Here is a video that gives a brief overview of the project:
I will be presenting my project alongside the other half of ‘team GB’, the lovely Katie Boothman, who will be presenting her project, The H.I.T Squad, for which she won an award at the European Forum in Lisbon.
I’m looking forward to the conference, if not a little nervous, as it will be great to hear about all of the projects from other educators across the globe and network with other like-minded people! Will post an update when I return, in the meantime, to follow the events of the forum you can follow the hashtag #PILGF on Twitter.